About the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks applications for a number of postdoctoral fellow positions. A Ph.D. in a related field is required as is a background in synthetic biology, living materials or biological control. Candidates are specifically sought for the following enabling technology platforms: 3D Organ Engineering; Adaptive Materials Technologies; Molecular Robotics; Living Cellular Devices; Synthetic Biology; Bioinspired Therapeutics and Diagnostics; Immuno-Materials and Bioinspired Soft Robotics.
What You’ll Need:
- Ph.D. in a related field is required
- Background in synthetic biology, living materials, or biological control
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
Applications, assembled as single pdf files, should contain a C.V., a cover letter describing research interests and goals, a full list of publications, copies of up to three relevant scientific papers, and names and contact information for at least three writers of letters of recommendation, who might be contacted as references. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Not Ready To Apply Yet?
Sign up for our Talent Community to stay up to date on career information and the latest news from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.