About the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University invites applications for an interdisciplinary Associate position in the Bioinspired Therapeutics & Diagnostics Platform in microfluidics and bioengineering, specifically for the development of Organs-on-Chips biomimetic microsystems.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s with a track record of research in a field related to cell biology, pharmacology, or bioengineering
- An interest in biological applications using Microengineering and microfluidic based techniques
- Should be open-minded, creative, energetic and bring expertise and experimental background in at least one of the fields of cell and developmental biology, computational or systems biology, microfluidics, microfabrication, bioengineering or systems engineering
- Preference will be given to candidates with a proven ability to design and build novel microfluidic microsystems and employ them for cell biological applications. Basic knowledge of molecular cell biology (cell culture, basic molecular biology concepts and techniques) and microscopy techniques is also required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
Applications, assembled as single pdf files, should contain a C.V., a cover letter describing research interests and goals and contact information for at least three writers of letters of recommendation who might be contacted as references. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Associate BTD”.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Not Ready to Apply Yet:
Sign up for our Talent Community to stay up to date on career information and the latest news from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.