Duties & Responsibilities
The Lab Manager – Robotics is responsible for overseeing the daily research operations of a large dynamic, interdisciplinary robotics laboratory. The Lab Manager – Robotics is responsible for the managing of experimental activities and execution of research projects related to wearable robotic systems in conjunction with the Primary Investigator (PI) and lab members.
The Lab Manager – Robotics will oversee and carry out the daily operations of the lab including:
- Manage day-to-day lab operations in such as lab space organization, coordinating planning and project update meetings, sponsor report preparation, proposal preparation, industry engagement and equipment maintenance.
- Collaborate with lab members on research activities related to wearable robotic systems.
- Train researchers on equipment usage, lab practices and provide safety oversight for equipment usage.
- Assist the PI in monitoring, tracking, and guiding progress of research and oversee adherence to time frames and costs.
- Manage inventory of hardware components, procure equipment and supplies.
- Assist lab members with the testing of wearable robotic systems including with human subjects.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, robotics, or related field. A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a research or a production environment. Advanced education may count toward experience.
Experience in wearable robotics is a strong plus. Experience with prototyping electrical and mechanical systems, instrumentation, and system integration. Experience with code development and working with revision control systems such as GIT and SVN is a plus. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Must be able to work independently as well as oversee a team of researchers in conjunction with PI (Supervisory experience preferred). Knowledge or engineering documentation and laboratory procedures. [45989BR]