About the Wyss:
- The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
- The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow position in the Biomimetic Microsystems platform. We seek outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise and knowledge of Cancer biology to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers for the development of novel in vitro human “organ-on-chip” microsystems technologies to study and model cancer growth, metastasis and cancer drug discovery.
What You’ll need:
- Ph.D. and/or M.D.
- Proven record of high-quality publications in the field of cancer biology
- Strong interest in contributing to multidisciplinary teams (engineers, biologists/physiologists, clinicians) is critical for this position
- Expertise in working with different types of cancer, 2D/3D in vitro cancer cell culture as well as knowledge of basic molecular and cell biology concepts and techniques is a must
- Previous work with microfluidics is an advantage.
- Strong expertise in cancer biology with an interest in applying this expertise in combination with modern bioengineering practices by leveraging human organ-on-a-chip technology in vitro
- This postdoctoral fellow is expected to develop and lead an interdisciplinary research project aimed at creating microengineered “organ-on-chip” models, simulating human cancer growth and metastasis in different organs and exploring their use in drug discovery applications.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
- Applications, assembled as single PDF files, should contain a complete resume, cover letter describing research interests and goals, full list of publications, copies of up to three relevant scientific papers, as well as the names and contact information of three references (expected to provide letters of recommendation). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “CANCER BIOLOGY POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW APPLICATION.”
Not Ready To Apply Yet?
- Sign up for our Talent Community to stay up to date on career information and the latest news from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.