About the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise and knowledge in the areas of assay development, electrochemical biosensors, microfluidics, and system automation to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers. The project with focus on developing a fully integrated electrochemical multi-plexed biosensors with automated microfluidic system linked with human organ-on-a-chip (Organ Chip) microfluidic culture devices we have created to study and model human immune responses to vaccines, pathogens, tumors and therapeutics
What You’ll Need:
- Proven record of high-quality publications in electrochemical biosensors or affinity-based assay development
- Strong interest in contributing to multidisciplinary teams (engineers, biologists/physiologists, clinicians)
- Expertise in handling biological samples (antibodies, cytokines), microfluidics understanding
- Strong interest in system integration for automation of multiplexed sensors
- Experience in continuous monitoring preferred
- Laboratory skills in electrochemistry, sensor characterization and stability studies
- Strong communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
Applications, assembled as single PDF files, should contain a complete resume, cover letter describing research interests and goals, full list of publications, copies of up to three relevant scientific papers, as well as the names and contact information of three references (expected to provide letters of recommendation). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Affinity-based electrochemical biosensors”