About the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
The William Shih Laboratory, which explores design principles for self-assembling molecular machines, invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow position in the Wyss Molecular Robotics Initiative. We seek outstanding postdoctoral applicants with expertise in biomolecular engineering or science to work with Institute faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and research staff to develop an approach that will leverage high-resolution, high-throughput force spectroscopy with reconfigurable DNA nanodevices in order to enable single-macromolecule identification and structure determination.
What You’ll Need:
- Ph.D. with an excellent track record of research involving design and characterization of biomolecules.
- Proficiency with microscopy and image analysis, and/or force spectroscopy, is a plus.
- The candidate should be open-minded, creative, energetic, and critical thinking.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
Applications, assembled as single PDF files, should contain a complete resume, cover letter describing research interests and goals, full list of publications, copies of up to three relevant scientific papers, as well as the names and contact information of three references (expected to provide letters of recommendation). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “DNA Nanoswitch Calipers.”
Not Ready to Apply Yet?
Sign up for our Talent Community to stay up to date on career information and the latest news from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.