About the Wyss:
The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University seeks a postdoctoral fellow to participate in studies of neurodegenerative pathology using extracellular vesicles for diagnostics in the David Walt lab. His lab addresses unmet clinical diagnostics needs by developing and applying novel technologies to the discovery and detection of protein biomarkers. The lab is highly collaborative and entrepreneurial with the goal of translating technologies and discoveries to improve patient care. Successful candidates will apply single-molecule technology to discover and elucidate novel biomarkers for various neurodegenerative pathologies.
What you’ll need:
- Ph.D. in neurobiology, neurochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology or chemical biology
- Strong experience in RNA data/experimentation and protein detection
- Excellent oral communication and skills in scientific writing in English based on publication record are necessary.
- Experience in extracellular vesicles biology and neurobiology
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans. All coverage begins as of you start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participation Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Where you Can Apply:
Applications, assembled as single PDF files, should contain a complete resume, cover letter describing research interests and goals, full list of publications, copies of up to three relevant scientific papers, as well as the names and contact information of three references (expected to provided letters of recommendation). Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “NEURODEGENERATIVE PATHOLOGY APPLICATION”.
Not Ready to Apply Yet?
Sign up for our Talent Community to stay up to date on career information and the latest news from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.