About the Wyss:
- The mission of the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University is to transform human healthcare and the environment by emulating the way nature builds. Developed as an alliance between Harvard and other premier academic and clinical partner institutions, Institute faculty and staff collaborate in high-risk, fundamental research and science-driven technology development. A major focus of the Institute is to translate the technologies developed by its faculty and staff into commercial products and therapies through collaborations with clinical investigators and establishment of corporate alliances. For more information, discover our technologies, catch up on our recent news, or watch our latest videos.
- The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow position in the Bioinspired Robotics Platform. Multiple postdoctoral fellow positions are available at Harvard University to work on a project centered on development of autonomous systems, architectures, and strategies for maintenance, repair, and construction of habitats intended for deep space exploration by future human travelers. Potential research topics include development of deployable, modular building elements for habitat composition; development of decentralized control strategies for coordination of multi-robot systems; and development and evaluation of soft robotic systems for manipulation and mobility. Selected candidates will be part of a multidisciplinary team working under the supervision of one or more of Chuck Hoberman, Justin Werfel, and Robert Wood. The position is guaranteed for a year with the possibility of renewal.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical, dental, & vision plans. All coverage begins as of your start date.
- Time Off: 20 days of vacation per year
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, classes at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services.
Where You Can Apply:
- Applications, assembled as single pdf files, should contain a cover letter describing background and research interests, a full CV with list of publications, and names and contact information for at least three writers of letters of recommendation who might be contacted as references. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “RETHI.”
Not Ready To Apply Yet?
- Sign up for our Talent Community to stay up to date on career information and the latest news from the Wyss Institute at Harvard University.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law. Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.