The Wyss Institute at Harvard is developing a soft, lower-extremity suit to improve walking and the independence of mobility-impaired stroke survivors.
Participants will assist with the design and development of the suit by providing information about the way they walk and testing the suit’s components.
This research study will involve multiple visits. Participants will receive up to $600 in gift cards over the course of the study. Compensation for travel expenses is also available.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 25-75 years old
- Have been diagnosed with a stroke by a physician
- Have sustained a stroke more than, or equal to, 6 months ago
- Be able to walk independently (using an assistive device, no physical assistance) for at least 6 continuous minutes
- Have not fallen more than 2 times in the previous month
- Not have serious co-morbidities that may interfere with ability to participate in this research (for example, conditions affecting your muscles, skin, vasculature, heart, or brain)
- Be able to understand, communicate and be understood by study staff
For more information or to determine your eligibility, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 617-432-7704.