Enroll in MessageMe, which will enable you to receive text, cell phone, and email messages in the event of campus emergencies.
Sign up for Wyss Institute emails using your work email address to ensure you receive updates about Wyss internal news and events.
Bookmark the Wyss Institute Intranet Homepage for future reference and access to additional internal resources and information.
- Make sure to review and sign the Harvard Confidentiality Agreement and the Massachusetts Department of Paid Family and Medical Leave (MA PFML). Both of these items are very important to review and sign off on.
- Log into PeopleSoft and confirm your home address.
- Enroll in direct deposit. Please note that delivery of checks is routinely delayed.
For hourly employees
If you are paid hourly (e.g. temps, LHTs, RAs) you will need to submit a weekly timesheet in PeopleSoft. Please review the instructions on how to enter weekly hours for temporary & non-exempt Wyss employees.
Orientation for Staff Members
- You are invited to register for the Harvard Longwood Campus Orientation and Networking Event that takes place virtually once a month from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. This event will introduce you to some of the resources here on the HLC campus, discuss training and development opportunities, and encourage networking with fellow colleagues within the community. You will receive an email reminder about the event asking you to sign up after your first day.
Orientation for Postdoctoral Fellows
- The HMS/HSDM Office for Postdoctoral Fellows organizes orientations every 6 weeks for new postdocs. The postdoc orientation is an important opportunity for new postdocs to obtain the necessary resources they need for living and working in and around the HMS/HSDM community. Register for the Postdoc Orientation to learn about the administrative systems at HMS/HSDM and Harvard, research offices and policies, and receive a broad overview and explanation of the many benefits of working at Harvard.
For employees who need access to our procurement system
For employees who will be working in the lab
- Request the Wyss Lab Orientation. Mike Carr will then reach out to you to schedule.
- You will need to be trained and added to a COMS (Committee on Microbiological Safety) registration prior to working with biological materials. This step is required. You may not order any specimens or biologics before you have been added to a COMS.
- Email your supervisor and Dionna Williams to let them know once COMS training has been completed.