Wyss Core Faculty member George Whitesides will present a talk titled “Early Processes: What Might Have Come Before the Beginning?” at the Chemistry, Life and Evolution Beilstein Bozen Symposium.
Aspects covered by this conference include:
- From a biological environment to synthetic life
- How much chemistry is required to launch a living minimal system or how to evolve non-biological materials towards biological desirable properties?
- Mimicking biological functions and properties with means from the chemist’s kitchen
- Evolution of diversity (chirality, promiscuity, autocatalysis, self-organization, regulation and control)
- Epigenetics as non-coding elements to drive and regulate development