Do you have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and have difficulty with walking? You could help us develop a soft, wearable robotic device for walking in persons with MS.
The Wyss Institute at Harvard University is developing a soft, wearable, assistive suit to improve walking and independence of individuals who have walking impairments, such as in MS. This research study will involve one or more visits during which you will assist with the design and development of the suit by providing information about the way you walk and testing the suit’s components.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 18-75 years old
- Have trouble with walking
- Be able to walk independently (using an assistive device, no physical assistance) for at least 6 continuous minutes
- Have not fallen more than 2 times in the previous month (as a result of your trouble walking)
- Not experience chronic pain that interferes with walking ability
- Not have other health condition which may impact walking ability, aside from MS
- Be able to communicate, and understand study staff
You could receive up to $550 in gift cards over the course of the study. Compensation for travel expenses is available.
Location: Harvard University, 52 Oxford Street, Cambridge MA
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 617-432-7704