Do you experience trouble with walking that limits your engagement in home and community activities? You could help design and develop a soft, wearable, assistive suit!
The Wyss Institute at Harvard University is developing a soft, wearable, assistive suit to improve walking and independence of individuals who have walking impairments. This research study will involve one or more visits during which you will assist with the design and development of the suit by providing information about the way you walk and testing the suit’s components.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 18-75 years old
- Have trouble with walking
- Be able to walk independently (using an assistive device, no physical assistance) for at least 20 meters
- Have not fallen more than 2 times in the previous month (as a result of your trouble walking)
- Not experience chronic pain that interferes with walking ability
- Not have serious health problems that may interfere with ability to participate in this research (for example, conditions affecting your muscles, skin, vasculature, heart, or brain)
- Be able to understand, communicate, and be understood by study staff
You could receive up to $550 in gift cards over the course of the study. Compensation for travel expenses is also available.
Location: Harvard University, 52 Oxford Street, Cambridge MA
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 617-432-7704