Menu Search Site

Sustainability: Our Ultimate Challenge

In the past century plastic has transformed modern-day life on our planet, but is it sustainable? We produce 300 million tons of plastic per year* and recycle only 3%**. Are we content that the other 97% collects in oceans, landfills and the food chain? The challenge is clear: we will drown in plastic if we don’t find a sustainable alternative.

The Wyss Institute at Harvard University has developed a plastic made from shrimp shells that can be molded into everyday products in any size, shape and color. Instead of decimating the environment and poisoning our food chain when discarded, it breaks down into compost and nurtures the cycle of life.

Close search results
Close menu